An introduction to Canal Boating as a holiday / vacation. This page gives a brief idea of what narrowboats we hire out, the places you can visit, and the things you do on board your boat.
Boating holidays, canal vacations, waterways holidays, canal boat hire, narrowboat hire, barge holidays.....whatever you want to call it, it's a great British Touring Holiday that's an easy and unique way to explore the countryside in comfort and at a relaxing pace.
Find Your Holiday
Search for & book your holiday now..
You can slow the pace down a bit and relax from the rat race for a while. Watch the wildlife and enjoy the countryside with long leisurely lunches at a country pub.
Journey Through Time...
Built over 200 years ago, the canals are steeped with tales to tell. They meander through the countryside, passing near ancient castles, stately homes, historical market towns and cities, and even theme parks. You can stop and visit places like The Wedgwood Factory, Nantwich, Alton Towers, Banbury, Blenheim Palace or Stratford upon Avon.
Bring The Kids...
Children love the adventure of a canal holiday. They like to help work the locks and steer the boat (with adult supervision) or pretend they're on a pirate adventure. Needless to say there are always hungry ducks!
Do Something New...
Don't worry if you are new to boating. Full tuition is given before you leave and we won't cast you adrift until we're happy that you are happy.
Your Mobile Home...
Your boat from Napton Narrowboats is your gateway to it all, with all modern facilities, it's a mobile home from home. Comfortable beds, well equipped galleys, and on board entertainment.
At Napton Narrowboats, we offer a great choice of modern narrowboats with some unique features. Where we innovate, others imitate!
- We offer a choice of two bases, one on the Oxford Canal and one on the Shropshire Union Canal - so you are spoilt for a choice of cruising route
- We offer onboard free mobile Wifi* - enough to stay in touch with the outside world
- Our recent designs, the Edwardian Elite and Regency Fleet, have King Size double beds - the best nights sleep you are likely to have on a Narrowboat .
- Short breaks, weekly, 10/11 nights, fortnightly (or longer!) holidays
- We offer the benefit of our 25 years of experience and personal service